Fully flexible OT position utilising your experience and providing services to clients requiring complex home modifications, environment assessments and equipment prescription. Working with an established and passionate multidisciplinary team from home or South Brisbane offices. This role is available on a fully flexible basis, full or part time hours.
- Focus your skills providing major home modifications, environment adaptations and equipment prescription in clients homes.
- Established multidisciplinary employer with an autonomous culture and senior staff.
- Full flexibility to manage workload and your own time – option of permanent or contract work options.
- Option to work from South Brisbane offices or home + good rates of pay + generous PD allowance.
This role will suit an enthusiastic and client-centred Occupational Therapist wishing to make a positive difference to individuals with a disability who require major home modifications and equipment prescription. You will have a strong knowledge in home modification recommendations, strategies, devices and equipment. You will be part of a supportive and established Allied Health team with a recognised and respected employer. You will have support from an experienced OT manager and the flexibility and autonomy to manage your workload and time.
This role is open to experienced Occupational Therapists with a strong desire to help clients with a disability. You must be willing to travel into the community, as required, to deliver services to your clients.
Your core tasks will include of listening, developing, organising and realising so that the goals of the clients/participants are met. You will be responsible for the following:
- Assessment of daily living capabilities
- Investigation of housing options
- Major home modification recommendations
- Prescription of equipment and assistive technologies
- Capacity Building Independence Programs to improve functional independence
- Approved tertiary qualifications in Occupational Therapy
- Current registration with AHPRA (Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency)
- At least 18 months experience in a similar position with a strong knowledge in home modification recommendations, strategies, devices and equipment
- A genuine passion for working with individuals with a disability
- Positive and client-centred professional with great communication skills and the ability to engage with clients living with varying disabilities.
- Current driver’s licence and your own reliable car
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rewarding team, bringing your expertise, values and energy to help individuals with a disability!
For further details please contact Kirstin Symmonds
Phone. 0407 381 250
Email. Click Here
All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality.
|Job Category||Occupational Therapist, Senior Occupational Therapist|