Exciting opportunity to join an established therapy group in Canberra, you will have a passion for providing the highest quality therapy services to children and enjoy working with a friendly team
- Full time role with an attractive salary
- Loads of variety in your week – working in schools, homes and clinic with great support
- Working with a friendly and passionate team and manager
Fantastic opportunity to join an established and friendly therapy group in Canberra, you will work with a friendly team of allied health professionals with a passion for providing the highest quality therapy services to paediatric clients. You will be supporting children (and their carers) individually and in small groups. Together, with your team, carers and educators, you will develop individual plans for children to develop their skills. Your role will have plenty of variety working in schools, homes and clinic providing services to children with a range of diagnoses & support requirements. The breakdown of work includes 2 days in the clinic, 2 days mobile work and 1 day in a school – there is a really great mix of work in your week with lovely clientele.
- Assessment and intervention for children from 0 to 18 with a range of developmental conditions
- Conduct a variety of speech and language assessments and planning for evidence-based interventions
- Develop Individual Plans to support children to develop specific expressive and receptive language skills (including Augmented and Alternative Communication), social skills and mealtime management.
- Develop the multidisciplinary team structure
- Coupled with assisting the individual needs of each child, families will receive regular training and tools to achieve therapy goals in the home and community- Develop and lead group programs for parents and support staff when required
- Tertiary qualifications in Speech Pathology (hold a Speech Pathology Australia Membership)
- At least 18 months experience working with children
- Experience with Augmented and Alternative Communication (AAC) highly desirable
- Ability to work effectively with families, educators and other professionals in the delivery of SP services- particularly with children on the Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Current open driver’s license and reliable car
- Appropriate certification, or ability to gain (blue card, yellow card) for provision of Disability Services and/or services to children and young people.
- Excellent salary package
- Full time role with loads of variety in your week
- Friendly team and manager to support you
- Regular professional development opportunities + career progression opportunities
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fantastic team, bringing your expertise, values and energy to delivery high quality services to this paediatric client base.
For further details please contact Kirstin Symmonds
Phone. 0407 381 250
Email. Click Here
All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality.
|Job Category||Speech Pathologist|